Position available within the grounds team at Gillingham FC.
Gillingham Football Club is currently recruiting for a ground person to assist the current team.
This position would suit somebody looking for their next challenge in the industry having already had experience in a similar role.
Reporting to the Head Groundsman, the successful candidate would be required to work on their own initiative and as part of team when necessary. Applicants must have previous experience of using relevant machinery, verti drains, marking pitches and working with frost/rain covers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Marking and cutting pitches
- Using mowers and tractors to perform basic duties
- Putting goals up at both the main stadium and training ground
- Transporting materials from Priestfield Stadium to Beechings Cross
- Liaising with players and management
- General maintenance (diveting, seeding, feeding and watering as needed)
High standards of work would be expected at all times. The successful candidate must be available on all matchdays, both midweek and on a Saturday, often working unsociable hours and have access to their own transport.
All applications, including a CV and covering letter, should be emailed to John Plummer – email@example.com.
Please also send applications to John Carter on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Beechings Cross
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience