Our students are given the opportunity to study and train at Kent’s largest professional football club, with its state-of-the-art facilities.
• Academy staff have cultivated strong partnerships with higher education institutions to enable students to progress to universities in the UK and overseas.
• Interesting work placements such as apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training and coaching primary school children, enable students to gain employment.
The academic curriculum is carefully tailored to students’ skills and abilities.
The qualifications currently on offer are:
– Sports BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
– FA Coaching Level 1
Working opportunities within the GFC Community
Students who gain a triple distinction in the Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma will achieve sufficient UCAS points to enrol on a range of sports-based degrees.
All students are taught by experienced, qualified subject specialist tutors. English and mathematics will be taught throughout the course.
Those students who have not already achieved a 4/C+ grade at GCSE in English and mathematics, will receive specialist tuition to achieve these qualifications.
Professional Football Training and Games Programme
• The U18 Girls’ Academy will train three times-a-week at the 1st team training ground at Beechings Cross, Gillingham.
• Students are entered for the AoC College Sports and National Youth Leagues and will have the opportunity to compete against such clubs as: Chelsea FC, AFC Bournemouth, Oxford United FC and Millwall FC.
• Academy students will also have the opportunity to gain experience playing at the National training complexes, such as St Georges Park and Lilleshall.
The Girls Academy is currently welcoming applications for new recruits ahead of the New Year.
Our promotional video can be seen below. For more information contact 01634 300000 or email email@example.com.