Your chance to be part of the team at the GFC School.
DEPARTMENT: GFC School
LOCATION: Priestfield Stadium, Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, ME7 4DD
SALARY: Salary is dependant on qualifications and experience.
HOURS: Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30, term time only.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The School Administrator will contribute to the efficient management of the day to day running of the school. This role is a challenging but rewarding one and full support and training will be available.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- The ability to maintain the school website (training will be provided)
- Willingness and ability to train for and take on the role of examinations officer
- Lead on attendance – data analysis, parental and student engagement and follow-up student absences and lateness on a daily basis, liaising with the Head of School and relevant staff where appropriate.
- The ability to maintain accurate student records
- The ability to work under pressure, including maintaining a positive attitude
- Well organised and experienced in all aspects of administration and capable of working on your own initiative
- Excellent IT skills and proficient user of Office applications
- A team player with a good sense of humour, who has the ability to follow instructions, and consult with colleagues and other adults in the school in an effective way
- Ability to monitor and prioritise work in an effective and efficient manner
- Confidence in handling difficult situations and issues with sensitivity and calm, ensuring awareness of the safeguarding of our pupils, data protection issues and the need for strict confidentiality at all times
- Ability to show maturity, tact and discretion bearing in mind the confidential or sensitive nature of the work undertaken
- Ability to exchange verbal information clearly and sensitively with children and adults
- A willingness to undergo first aid training and act as first aider for children
- Ability to organising school trips, school clubs etc.
Early applications are welcomed and will be shortlisted upon receipt.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 25th October 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 29th October 2018
Mr. David Scott
The GFC School
Gillingham Football Club Ltd