Amine Linganzi talks to the local media
Amine Linganzi said joining the Gills presented a big challenge for him and is now eager to grasp the opportunity with both hands.
The Congolese International, who signed a two-year deal with the club last month, addressed the media for the first time on Wednesday and revealed once Martin Allen had registered his interest, Gillingham was his first choice destination.
He said: “I had some offers in France and in England but my first choice was Gillingham. I’m close to France but I also wanted to experience Football in the south – it is a big challenge for me, it’s not just about France.
"Last year I had a tragedy in my family so I prefer to be close to my wife and my baby.
“When I came to the stadium [with Accrington last season] and heard 10,000 people shouting I was really impressed and I had a good feeling.
"I spoke with a lot of players and people around me who said I had made a good choice. We are playing in League One and the ambition of the club is to go higher."
Linganzi has suffered with numerous injuries in the past, but the player is confident these days are behind him and he can concentrate on his game.
He added: “I’m fully fit; I’ve not had any injuries for a year so that’s all in the past. When I’m in training I don’t feel pain anywhere so I just go on the pitch without doubt.
“I had a hernia and some groin problems so I had two rounds of surgery and an injection so I’m like a robot now!
“At Blackburn I have no regrets because they treated me well and I think without them today I wouldn’t be here.
“I never doubt, I know I’ve had injuries but I will never stop. This is my passion and nothing can stop me now.
“I like to get forward, I like to defend aswell because that is my job and I hope the Manager will give me my chance and I will improve too. I am capable of helping the team.”
To watch Amine’s exclusive interview on Gills Player click here.
To watch the midfielder’s midweek press conference click here.