Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

DAVIES OUT FOR THREE MONTHS

16 December 2014

Callum Davies could miss the remainder of the 2014/15 season with an ankle problem

Callum Davies will be out of action for at least three months with an ankle injury.

The centre-back, while playing for Dover in the FA Cup against Cheltenham, suffered a re-occurrence of the same issue that was picked up against Scunthorpe earlier in the season, and will be on the sidelines for a little while following an operation which takes place next week.

Speaking to the club website Manager Peter Taylor said: “It’s an old injury that flared up again, he got the injury against Scunthorpe here and we were then told by a consultant that if he had good rest then it would be fine.

“All of a sudden we were told he could play again and that’s why I allowed him to go to Dover and I knew he wasn’t match fit to play League One Football.

“I never thought he wouldn’t last the loan at Dover and unfortunately when he played at Cheltenham in the FA Cup something wasn’t right and he came off after 40 minutes.

“The same consultant has looked at him again, he is going to need an operation and he’s having it done on December 23. He will be out Christmas Eve but he won’t be playing Football for at least three months.”

When asked if Davies will miss the rest of the season Taylor replied:

“Near on, which is a shame for Callum but if it means he’s got to get it right then it will happen and he will be fighting fit for the start of next season.”

Following Callum’s move to Dover, Taylor moved quickly to bring in a cover defender with Harry Lennon joining on a youth loan deal from Charlton Athletic.

Advertisement block