Gillingham FC Community Trust to deliver FA Qualifications through 1st 4 SportThe Gillingham FC Community Trust has received centre of approval from 1st4 Sport qualifications to deliver football coaching courses at Level 1, with a view to seeking approval to deliver also at Level 2.
Head of Youth Academy Darren Hare is excited by the prospect. He said: "It makes perfect sense for the club to tap into the wealth of experience and expertise we have here to provide sporting educational courses for young coaches.
"We spend a great deal of time developing our own coaches in our Academy and our Community Trust through in-service training, but this provides us with an opportunity to potentially ‘grow our own’ coaches as our trust expands.
"The FA suite of coaching qualifications through 1st 4 Sport are excellent and provide a pathway for any young coach with aspirations of working with young players, and we plan to pass on as much of our knowledge as possible to the learners as Licensed FA tutors in the first instance, but also as experienced coaches in the professional game.”
This inaugural course will be run at the Club’s training ground and also at the main stadium in the new classroom facility and Darren sees this as the start of many positive actions of the club in education.
He added: "We will have students involved in our Girls Academy enrolling, along with boys from our Canterbury and Dartford Academy links, and we will be very happy to accept any applications from all corners of the community to join in and enjoy becoming a qualified coach."
The course lasts for a maximum of 32 hours and is split over three days and two evenings. Learners will have a taste of first Aid, child protection protocols, but mainly they will learn how to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions that are fun and progressive, enabling them to work with young children.
There will be practical elements and candidates are encouraged to participate as much as possible.
The dates for the first course are *:
• Sunday 19th April, 9am-5pm at GFC Training Ground (Beechings Cross)
• Sunday 26th April, 9am-5pm at GFC Training Ground (Beechings Cross)
• Tuesday 28th April, 6pm-9pm at Priestfield Stadium (Players’ Lounge)
• Wednesday 29th April, 6pm-9pm at GFC Training Ground (Beechings Cross)
• Saturday 2nd May, 9am-5pm at GFC Training Ground (Beechings Cross)
• Minimum Age: 16
• Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
• Cost: £130.00
• Course Prerequisites: None
• Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
Please note candidates must attend all sessions to be eligible to be assessed on the final day. If you have already completed the FA Workshops please take copies of your certificates to day one of the course to show the tutor.
To apply for a place on this course please download the BOOKING FORM and return with payment to:
GFC Community Trust
Gillingham Football Club
MEMS Priestfield Stadium
Kent. ME7 4DD
If you would like to book and pay over the phone please ring 01634 350125.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Trust on 01634 350125 or email@example.com
Once your booking has been processed you will receive a confirmation email with additional details regarding the course.
* Dates are subject to change, and while it is not our intention to change any dates, if we experience any unforeseen circumstances we may have to make small modifications to the programme.
Please be aware that places are limited and we will allocate spaces on a first come, first served basis and we ask that all applications are submitted by 5pm on Thursday April 16.