An exciting opportunity has arisen at the GFC Community Trust
Title of Role: Administrator
Responsible to: Support Services Manager
Salary: £14 – 16k per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
A wide ranging role ensuring the smooth running of the Community Trust office and charity together with supporting the work of individual Officers of GFC Community Trust (GFCCT).
• Undertaking financial administration procedures for GFCCT.
o Completing the weekly banking, reconciling credit card payments, managing the debtors and creditors process, raising and paying invoices.
o Overseeing the financial management process for GFCCT programmes; including maintaining payment records, chasing overdue payments and reconciliation on a monthly basis.
• Maintaining accurate records for all GFCCT personnel.
o First point of contact for GFCCT recruitment.
o Drafting, preparation and follow through of contracts for new employees and coordinating offer letters, staff handbooks and induction processes
o Inputting and maintaining Monitoring & Evaluation data on a centralised data collection system in order to provide information which is accessible to the Trust’s key stakeholders, the EFL Trust.
• Providing administrative and organisational support for the Senior Management Team.
o Preparing and organising paperwork and documents for the GFCCT Board of Trustees including organisation of meetings, distributing information and agendas.
o Organising and administering GFCCT staff meetings (and other meetings when requested).
o Coordinating and maintaining a central office diary.
• Supporting Community Officers and the Administration Assistant in the planning, preparation and administration of sports development projects, including:
o Holiday activities, including booking venues; producing booklets; promotion of courses (e.g. mail shots, email distribution lists); maintaining course bookings/registers; and reconciling attendances against payments received.
o After School Clubs, including registration forms and monitoring attendance; reconciling payments.
o Coordination and administration of tickets initiatives which would include holiday courses, after school clubs and all relevant courses within the Community Trust.
• Administrative support to the GFCCT team including filing data and performing other routine clerical tasks as and when required.
o Responsibility for managing and developing filing and administration systems across all areas of work of the organisation.
o Maintaining supplies of stationery and office equipment.
o Acting as a point of contact for general email and phone call enquiries.
o Other central office administration duties including photocopying; coordinating mail shots, managing departmental post; typing word processing documents, letters and spread-sheets as required.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least a LV 2 Diploma in Business Administration (or equivalent qualification)
• Previous experience within an office environment, preferably on finance-based tasks
• Experience of working with confidential data
• Excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proven excellent customer service skills
• Good time management
• Experience using databases on Microsoft Access
• Interested in working within a football environment
• An understanding of charitable organisations
• Interested in working towards a higher level qualification
If you feel this is the perfect opportunity for you, then please send your CV and a cover letter to:
Support Services Manager
Gillingham Football Club Community Trust
MEMS Priestfield Stadium
Kent. ME7 4DD
Tel: 01634 350125