Join the Gills' media and marketing department for the 2016/17 season
Gillingham Football Club is offering a full-time internship in their media and marketing department.
This position would offer valuable hands-on experience for someone looking to make a career in media and communications within the sports industry.
You would be joining the club’s media team, which is constantly evolving and thinking of new and innovative ways to provide a quality service to the supporters.
Among the duties you would be expected to perform are:
• Generating content and writing copy for the club’s website and match programme
• Generating content for the club’s social media channels
• Produce lively and interesting video content for the club’s YouTube and GillsPlayer channel
• Assist the Media Managers on matchdays at home and away games
• Assist at press conferences and club media events
• Help in other areas of the club’s operations including ticketing and marketing
The ideal candidate will be currently studying for a degree or the NCTJ, preferably in sports journalism, and anticipating having these qualifications this year. Candidates with a similar level of experience will be considered and, most importantly, you need a passion for football.
You will be familiar with social media, video production and be able to generate clean and crisp copy, often to a tight deadline. You will receive training in using the club’s CMS for its website.
This is a voluntary internship, so the club will only cover all legitimate expenses.
You must be in a position to start work prior to the start of the 2016/17 EFL season on August 6.
Interested? Please send your CV, together with a 200-word statement documenting your ideas for Gillingham FC’s media and marketing output, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday, June 24.