Open evening to be held at Priestfield.
The club's Girls Academy will be hosting an open evening on Wednesday 12th December at The Medway Priestfield Stadium for 16-18yrs old Girls.
Our students are given the opportunity to study and train at Kent’s largest professional football club, with its state-of-the-art facilities. This will be the first opportunity for interested new recruits to see what the girls Academy do in regards to full-time education and full-time football.
The open evening will include hearing from the current squad and some past success stories. It will be a great chance to meet all of the members of staff that are involved in the programme, and will also have a tour and the chance for a Q & A session with the group.
Following on from the Academy Open Evening, there will be further contact days, during which you will be invited in to spend the day with us in the education setting and the training.
- Academy staff have cultivated strong partnerships with higher education institutions to enable students to progress to universities in the UK and overseas.
- Interesting work placements such as apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training and coaching primary school children, enabling students to gain employment.
- The academic curriculum is carefully tailored to students’ skills and abilities.
The qualifications currently on offer are:
- Sports BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- FA Coaching Level 1
- Working opportunities within the GFC Community
Students who gain a triple distinction in the Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma will achieve sufficient UCAS points to enrol on a range of sports-based degrees.
All students are taught by experienced, qualified subject specialist tutors. English and mathematics will be taught throughout the course.
Those students who have not already achieved a 4/C+ grade at GCSE in English and Mathematics, will receive specialist tuition to achieve these qualifications.
Professional Football Training and Games Programme
• The U18 Girls’ Academy will train three times-a-week at the first team training ground at Beechings Cross, Gillingham.
• Students are entered for the AoC College Sports and National Youth Leagues and will have the opportunity to compete against such clubs as: Chelsea FC, AFC Bournemouth, Oxford United FC and Millwall FC.
• Academy students will also have the opportunity to gain experience playing at the National training complexes, such as St Georges Park and Lilleshall.
For more information contact 01634 300000 or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org