Gillingham FC Vacancies.
Gillingham Football Club is a club currently in League 1 of the English Football League, but with aspirations of returning, as a minimum, to the Championship.
Plans are currently being developed to relocate the main stadium away from its traditional Priestfield Stadium home.
The club runs a “Category 3” Academy and as part of its continual improvement wishes to appoint two Academy Assistant Coaches to work in our Youth Academy largely based at the University of Kent at Canterbury.
The role is within the “Foundation” Phase and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate significant experience of working with players between the ages of eight and 11.
On the last cycle of Academy audits the club finished fourth of 52 Category 3 clubs, and is consistently ranked in the top quartile of appearances made by Academy graduates throughout the category.
Start date: August 2018 but with a need to attend a staff development day in July.
Skills & Experience Required
- Holder of an up to date UEFA B Licence, FA Youth Awards up to and including module 3 Please note these are mandatory qualifications
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Good IT skills
- Focused on individual player development within a team process
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy