The Chairman has written to Gillingham fans regarding Saturday's proposed game against Bury.
Bury v Gillingham
Saturday August 17
You will be aware of the troubled times at Bury FC, and indeed our support for the players, staff and supporters of this fine EFL Club is strong as they battle to find a solution to their situation.
I am aware the EFL is doing everything possible to assist the Club, albeit the solution and responsibility to find a solution rests with the owners and Directors of the Club, there is only so much that can be done by external partners.
Already three games have been postponed, and I felt we should advise you all that, although our game at Bury is still officially on, it is my view that this game on Saturday will also be postponed either today, or over the next 48/72 hours.
As such I would suggest supporters hold off making travel plans for as long as possible until the EFL is able to make a decision.
Clearly we would all hope the game will be played and I'm sure the EFL will want to give Bury as long as possible to find a remedy, but with the little information I have received, there is certainly a doubt.
Paul D P Scally