A vacancy has arisen at Gillingham Football Club.
Gillingham Football Club is currently looking for a purchase ledger clerk to join the existing finance team at MEMS Priestfield Stadium.
The successful candidate would be expected to work a four day week (Mon - Thurs, 8.30am-5pm) and be available for all home matchdays.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
Purchase Ledger duties
- Sending invoices out for authorisation
- Checking invoices are authorised in-line with purchase order procedure
- Coding invoices for posting into Sage Line 200
- Entering Club/Conf & Banqueting/Academy/School invoices into Sage
- Reconciling supplier statements and dealing with discrepancies
- Posting journals into Sage
- Passing invoices for payment to Financial Controller
- Ensuring catering accounts are paid promptly
- Dealing with supplier payment requests and queries
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing ones
- Keeping track of computerised cheques raised and sent out
- Checking VAT is correct on invoices
- Maintaining Purchase Order spreadsheet and log
- Monthly review of Purchase Ledger with Financial Controller
- Filing invoices and purchase orders
- Adhoc reporting
Match day duties:
- Co-ordination of lottery and programme selling staff
- Preparing the lottery tickets ahead of match day
- Administering 50/50 lottery spreadsheet
- Drawing the winning tickets at half time
- Distributing the 50/50 winning numbers to hospitality areas
- Adhoc match day duties
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Tom Lawrence on email@example.com, or if you wish to apply by post send your documents to:
HR and Recruitment
Gillingham Football Club
MEMS Priestfield Stadium
The deadline for applications in 4pm on Friday January 10.