The successful candidate will have a direct impact on pupils’ lives, raising aspirations and improving opportunities for our young people.
The role will be demanding and challenging, but very rewarding.
The role of the Pastoral and Behaviour Mentor is to work with school staff and other agencies to provide:
- Support and bring about sustained change to students who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern.
- Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting mentoring and behaviour management
- Modelling the vision and values of the school.
- Being part of the team of the GFC School.
- Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the school systems.
- Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
Information about the school
- a place where students feel safe and secure
- a rich curriculum that enables students to re-engage with learning through sport
- students with the necessary skills to manage their behaviour and emotions so that they make the right choices
- state-of-the art facilities for education, sport and training
- a well-qualified staff team who are highly skilled in helping students to flourish, by breaking the cycle of adversity often caused by difficult childhood experiences, including trauma, toxic stress and associated mental health difficulties.
In addition, we promote the 3 R’s:
Respect – Responsibility – Resilience.
The GFC School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable.
All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
Pay: Dependent on Experience
- Start Date: Immediate
- App Close Date: 14/09/2020 at 11:00
- Interviews: 16th and 17th Sept 2020
All applications to be sent to Lisa Darran on firstname.lastname@example.org