An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dedicated team at the GFC School.
The successful candidate will have a direct impact on pupils’ lives, raising aspirations and improving opportunities for our young people.
The role will be demanding and challenging, but very rewarding.
Pay: Dependant on experience
Application Deadline: 19.04.21
Interview date: : 30.04.21
Start Date: ASAP
To apply for the advertised position, please email your current CV and completed application form to email@example.com
Information about the school
- a place where students feel safe and secure
- a rich curriculum that enables students to re-engage with learning through sport
- students with the necessary skills to manage their behaviour and emotions so that they make the right choices
- state-of-the art facilities for education, sport and training
- a well-qualified staff team who are highly skilled in helping students to flourish, by breaking the cycle of adversity often caused by difficult childhood experiences, including trauma, toxic stress and associated mental health difficulties.
In addition, we promote the 3 R’s:
Respect – Responsibility – Resilience.
Responsible to Director of Education
· Carrying out the professional duties of a cover supervisor as circumstances may require and in accordance with school policies, under the direction of the Director of Education.
· Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting mentoring, teaching and learning within subject areas, preparation and evaluation
· Modelling the vision and values of the school.
· Being part of the team of The GFC School.
· Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the school systems.
· Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Providing cover across the curriculum
· Preparing relevant and appropriate learning experiences in conjunction with other staff.
· Delivering intervention programmes to individuals, assisting in the development of suitable intervention material and records.
· Liaising regularly with teachers to inform them of progress and provide relevant feedback.
· Attending meetings as required.
· Working with other professionals.
· Working in a T.A capacity when required
· Complying with the school’s Child Safeguarding Procedures including regular liaison with the Designated Safeguarding Lead over any safeguarding issues or concerns and taking part in regular training
· Complying with the schools policies and procedures at all times.
· Undertaking other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
· Taking part in staff development programme and continuing professional development as required
Educated to A Level standard
Willingness and ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training for development in the post
Working in a school environment.
Experience and knowledge of issues affecting students and young people and how to offer supportive assistance
Working with students who have a variety of special educational needs.
Skills and Knowledge
Excellent communication and listening skills
Ability to be flexible and respond to changes within the school
Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Working knowledge of standard computer packages - word processing, email and spreadsheets
Good time management and organisational skills
Ability to work with students and have a real interest in the issues faced by them
A positive attitude and the ability to act as a role model
The ability to provide guidance and constructive feedback.
Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs
Proven skills in mentoring, advising, supporting or guidance work, in a formal setting
The GFC School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable.
All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.