Policy statement and principals-Commitment to Safeguarding
Gillingham Football Club (GFC) is committed to providing a safe and positive environment for everyone involved in its services and activities. The Club takes its extended moral and legal duty of care very seriously in relation to children and young people and adults. We seek to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all, and to protect them from harm or abuse when they engage in any activities conducted under the name Gillingham Football Club. This policy is one of a number in the Club’s safeguarding portfolio.
This policy is promoted to all new staff, volunteers and participants and via the Club website. It is also included in the club staff handbook
Child protection statement
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
The procedures contained in this policy apply to all staff and volunteers are consistent with those of Medway Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB).
• The welfare of the individual is paramount
• All people, regardless of age, ability, culture, race, language, religious beliefs, sexual or gender identity, have equal rights to protection
• Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility. All staff and volunteers have a responsibility to respond positively in response to any concerns, suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child or adult is at risk of harm
• Children, volunteers and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
• Staff and volunteers with roles and responsibilities for children and young people will be subject to appropriate safe recruitment checks and safeguarding training
• GFC staff and volunteers of the Club will receive appropriate learning and training opportunities to ensure that they can make informed and confident responses to safeguarding issues
• GFC is committed to providing a safe and positive environment for all children and young people to participate in the sport to the best of their abilities for as long as they choose to do so
• To provide all staff and volunteers with the necessary information to enable them to meet their safeguarding and child protection responsibilities
• To promote consistent good practice
• To demonstrate the Club’s commitment to safeguarding children
The club's safeguarding children's policy can be downloaded here.
The club's safeguarding adult's policy can be downloaded here.