GFC Community Trust vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Gillingham Football Community Trust for a Head of Football and Sports Development.
This person will form part of the senior management team within GFC Community Trust, and will have responsibility for all sports development and football based projects across the organisation, throughout Medway and Kent.
The below list of key responsibilities details the day to day responsibilities associated with this role:
• To work closely with the CEO, and other senior management, to ensure the strategic aims and objectives of the Trust are followed and achieved.
• To oversee and implement the strategic direction required and to oversee the growth of high-quality sports provision across the region.
• To oversee the effective planning and high quality delivery of sport-based projects across Medway and Kent.
• To manage the development and growth of the player pathway ensuring it is aligned with GFC Academy and GFC Girls RTC aims and objectives.
• To manage and motivate the team of permanent and sessional staff to deliver high-quality provision, ensuring the best experience for all involved in sports programmes.
• To effectively manage the budgets and relevant financial resources involved in achieving aims and objectives set by the CEO and Board of Trustees, ensuring the day to day running of the business is proactive and is cost-effective in terms of each project.
• To develop and enhance the working relationships between the Trust and other relevant organisations and agencies – to include for example the PLCF, The FA and Kent FA.
• To ensure reports to the CEO, trustees, the club and funders are accurate and achieve set deadlines.
• To implement recruitment drives where and when necessary in line with business growth and requirements, and to ensure all staff are audited regarding their skill sets and introduce a robust CPD programme.
• To lead and be innovative in developing programmes and projects to ensure the Trust stays at the forefront of community sports activity across the region.
• To ensure all staff and volunteers comply with the safeguarding children, equal opportunities and health and safety policies at all times.
• To attend relevant training and events provided by GFC Community Trust.
• To work closely with other senior staff members to ensure a risk management system is in place.
To download a full job description (PDF), click here.
The deadline for applications is Monday, October 17. If you feel this role is perfect for you, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.