Gillingham Football Club are hiring for a Head of Coach Development vacancy based at the MEMS Priestfield Stadium.
The club run’s a Category Three Academy and as part of its continual improvement wishes to appoint an Academy Head of Coach Development.
On the last cycle of Academy audits the club finished 4th out of 52 Category 3 clubs, and is consistently ranked in the top quartile of appearances made by Academy graduates throughout the category.
The role it must be stressed is to assist the development of the academy coaching staff rather than players or groups of players and the individual appointed will need to understand this important distinction.
Start date: July 2017
Skills & Experience Required:
- Holder of an up to date UEFA A Licence, FA Youth Awards and FA Advanced Youth Award with the age specific specialist element to the development of players in The Professional Development Phase. Please note these are mandatory qualifications
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- A clean UK driving licence
- Good IT and presentation skills
- Focused on individual coach development within a team process
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy
To download a full job description, click here.
The Gills are currently in League One of the EFL, with aspirations of returning to the Championship. Plans are currently being developed to relocate the main stadium away from its traditional Priestfield Stadium home.
Interviews will be held during the week-commencing Monday, June 26, 2017.
Closing date for applications Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.