The team at the GFC School are recruiting!
POST: PSHE teacher
TO WHOM RESPONSIBLE: Director of Education
MAIN PURPOSE: To ensure that the highest standards of care, education and supervision are maintained within The GFC School. To abide by policies and practices set down by The GFC School.
HOURS OF WORK: Term time- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The documents that govern the terms, conditions, requirements and responsibilities of this post are listed below:
- The GFC School Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document;
- The Contract of Employment issued for this appointment;
- This job description;
- The GFC School’s policies as ratified by the Board of Governors;
- The School’s procedures and practices as specified by the Director of Education including those set out within the GFC School ‘Staff Handbook’.
Pupils, staff, areas of responsibility and tasks allocated to you by the Director of Education and the Head of Centre and your allocated line manager/Department Head
TEACHING AND LEARNING RESPONSIBILITIES
To ensure that pupils achieve good or better progress and outcomes by:
- Working in accordance with all aspects of the school’s teaching and learning procedures, to ensure that your teaching is consistently at good or better, resulting in pupils making consistently good or better progress.
- Establishing positive, collaborative, professional and supportive working relationships with your teaching colleagues, any allocated support staff colleagues, your line manager, and other members of your team;
- Organising and managing the classroom efficiently and effectively so as to generate a high-quality learning environment;
- Establishing high standards of conduct, emotional and learning behaviour in allocated pupils;
- Ensuring that planning is completed in accordance with the procedures detailed in the ‘Staff Handbook’;
- Planning, preparing and delivering schemes of highly stimulating, motivating, well resourced, clearly structured and appropriately sequenced lessons, within the context and guidance of the school’s Academic Policy and curriculum;
- Ensuring teaching strategies reflect children with SEMH and complex behaviours;
- Ensuring appropriate differentiation of learning activities to meet the full range of pupils’ learning needs;
- Assessing pupils’ work on a lesson by lesson basis;
- Using assessments to set clear and appropriate targets for pupils in your subject and to monitor progress against them;
- Appropriate marking of pupils’ work according the School’s Marking and Feedback Policy on a day to day basis so that they receive high quality guidance and feedback on how to improve;
- Informing parents of pupils’ targets and their progress against them, and giving appropriate guidance to parents on how they can help their son/daughter to improve;
- Teaching and developing pupils’ positive learning attitudes;
- Teaching and developing pupils’ problem solving skills;
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- To agree an appropriate CPD programme with the Director of Education, appraisal reviewer and / or your line manager and to successfully undertake the agreed activities to ensure that good practice is developed, sustained and extended.
- To participate constructively in CPD review meetings
- To work within the requirements of the School’s Appraisal Policy and practices.
THE GFC SCHOOL RESPONSIBILITIES
To contribute to the smooth and successful running of the School through:
- Promoting a positive ethos within the school through working and talking constructively and positively within the staff team and developing effective professional relationships at all levels within the school community;
- Supporting and promoting the role and work of all other teams within the School;
- Creating and nurturing strong links with parents and carers, to engage them actively in their child’s learning and in the activities of the class and the school;
- Maintaining an up to date, daily knowledge of school events on the ‘school Calendar’ system;
- Meeting deadlines and requirements set by the Director of Education, Head of Centre or your line manager
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of the school’s policies and working within their requirements;
- Organising, supporting and / or participating in the organisation of the wider activities of the school;
- Complying with any reasonable instructions given by the Director of Education, Head of Centre or your line manager
- Complying with the GFC School dress code.
Information about the school
- a place where students feel safe and secure.
- a rich curriculum that enables students to re-engage with learning through sport.
- students with the necessary skills to manage their behaviour and emotions so that they make the right choices.
- state-of-the art facilities for education, sport and training.
- a well-qualified staff team who are highly skilled in helping students to flourish, by breaking the cycle of adversity often caused by difficult childhood experiences, including trauma, toxic stress and associated mental health difficulties.
In addition, we promote the 3 R’s:
Respect – Responsibility – Resilience.
Completed application forms and C.V to be emailed, by September 24th, to David Spendley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is dependent on experience.
- Deadline: 24.09.2021