Jack Wheeler's side continue winning streak with 7-0 victory in FA Cup

Gills started on the front foot and they opened the scoring in the third minute from a corner. The ball was crossed to Charlie Thurston in the penalty box and she headed the ball to Ashleigh Loosemore who simply headed the ball into the net past Tylee.

Wimbledon’s first chance came from a free kick just outside the penalty area. Libby Suchley hit the ball through the wall but Courtney Shanley did well to save it low to her right.

Gills continued to press for a second goal as Shannon Redhouse got the ball and ran towards the edge of the penalty area before hitting a powerful shot towards goal but it went straight to Tylee who easily saved it.

Wimbledon had a great chance to level the game as a free kick was drilled in by Zoe Clifford. The ball flew pass everyone including Shanley but the ball went narrowly wide of the right post.

Wimbledon started the second half looking to level the score. A corner was crossed into the box and a header from Jess Trimnell was just cleared off the line before being cleared away for another corner. From the resulting corner, Trimnell got a free header towards goal but the ball went wide.

Gillingham then doubled their lead as a corner was crossed into the penalty box and Balfour rose above everyone to drill a low header which was going in but a Wimbledon defender cleared the ball off the line but not in time for the linesman to award the goal to Gillingham.

The game turned when Wimbledon were then reduced to ten as Charlie Thurston and Kirstie Bavington both went for a tackle but Bavington retaliated to Thurston and referee Dan Doyle sent her off.

Gillingham capitalised on the woman advantage by adding a third goal when Wimbledon failed to clear their lines and the ball fell towards April Bowers and she did well to hold off a defender and slot the ball past Tylee for her first goal since joining from West Ham.

Gills added a fourth goal when Balfour grabbed a brace by getting the ball in the penalty area and despite the best efforts of Tylee, she lofted the ball over her and it nestled into the back of the net.

Gills continued their dominance by adding a fifth as some more good work from Balfour saw the ball came to an unmarked Shannon Redhouse and she powered a shot past Tylee and into the back of the net.

Gills quickly added a sixth goal as they were awarded a penalty as Redhouse was fouled inside the box, Lauren Williams stepped up and placed the ball right past Tylee and into the back of the net.

Gills completed the scoring when a corner was played out to Georgia Reece and she hit a deep cross which cannoned off Sian Houghton-North and the ball nestled into the back of the net.

Final Score: Gillingham Ladies 7 AFC Wimbledon Ladies 0

Line ups:

Gillingham Ladies:

Courtney Shanley, Lauren Williams (c), Charlie Thurston, Rachel Ahern, Fiona Constable, April Bowers, Ashleigh Loosemore, Katie Hardacker, Emma Tune, Kallie Balfour, Shannon Redhouse.

Subs:  Imogen Alabaster, Georgia Reece, Jade Keogh, Maddison North, Lydia Willis,

AFC Wimbledon Ladies:

Liane Tylee, Jordanne Hoesli-Atkins, Linsey Clarke, Sian Houghton-North, Lauren Carnell, Rebecca Sargent, Jess Trimnell (c), Libby Suchley, Kelly-Jade Whelan, Emma Ready, Zoe Clifford

Subs: Kirstie Bavington, Cindy Colliver, Sian Whyte, Emma Marlow

Referee:  Dan Doyle

Linesman: Aimee Kerr and Jo Park