Peter Taylor delivers his immediate reaction following the 2-2 draw with Swindon at Priestfield

2-2 draw with Swindon at MEMS Priestfield Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Peter Taylor said his players couldn’t have worked any harder following the

Danny Kedwell put the hosts in front before Andy Williams grabbed an equalizer before half time. Kortney Hause scored his first goal for the club before the hour mark, but in the dying moments Stephen Bywater was an unlucky to concede an own goal which gave Swindon a share of the points.

Following the game Peter said: “Well I thought they couldn’t have worked any harder, and they had to because Swindon had the majority of the ball and I thought they played absolutely fantastic Football.

“We had them looked at on Saturday; they played exactly the same at Crawley and got beat. It was a good performance by them and we had to be patient because at times we over worked to get the ball off them.

“All of a sudden you win the ball back; you probably have no targets so you lose it again - so that’s where it was a bit of a frustrating evening.

“Our second half performance was very good but theirs was very good aswell.

“To be fair to Stephen Bywater he’s had a fantastic evening and made a mistake at the end, but I still think we did some good things.”

Peter discussed the efforts of both goal scorers and praised the duo for their calmness in converting their chances.

He added: “Danny did well and it’s nice that he’s got three goals – he chases everything and if you do chase Swindon sometimes they give you a chance and that’s what he did.

“He got on the end of it, had to be cool with the finish and did it exceptionally well.

“Kortney went to left back at half time and he did well – he had a lot to do but got a fantastic goal.”

Peter was sent to the stands following Swindon’s second goal, but he was at a loss to explain why.

He added: “Yes, amazing. I’d like to find out why because all I did was say to Mark and Hessy calm down. I went to their Assistant and said it, then I got sent off!”